Andhra Cement was amalgamated on 9th December 1936 under the Indian Companies Act, 1913. The initial unit with a capacity of 100 tonnes per day was ordered at Vijayawada in 1940. The capacity was prolonged in 3 stages in 1951, 1958 and 1970.
It is a part of JAYPEE GROUP, which has a brand i.e. JAYPEE CEMENT is a leading cement brand of India. The group is a diversified industrial conglomerate with an annual turnover of approximately Rs.20000 Crores. The group, later than four decades of relentless growth and diversification, is a leader in the Engineering and Construction through a substantial interest in Hydro Power, Wind Power, Thermal Power, Hospitality and Tourism, Expressways and Highways, Hospitals, Real Estates, Information Technology, Cement, Minerals and Mining along with Education segments. Professionally managed through a vibrant workforce of over 50,000 people and the group operations extend across the Nation. Accomplishing perfection, building excellence and transforming every challenge into an opportunity, has been trademark of the “JAYPEE GROUP”.
The physical properties of Andhra Cement are based on:
- Refinement of cement.
- Heat of hydration.
- Loss of ignition.
- Setting period.
- Bulk density.
What are the 4 leading properties of concrete?
Hardened concrete has a number of properties, as well as:
- Mechanical strength, in specific compressive strength. The strength of usual concrete differs between 25 and 40 MPa.
- Porosity as well as density.
- Thermal and acoustic insulation properties.
- Fire resistance.
- Impact resistance.
What are the advantages of Andhra Cement?
Advantages of the Cement
- Andhra Cement is an excellent construction material which is used for its high binding strength.
- You can find its general use in virtually every building work.
- The Cement is precisely used in structural elements where high strength is compulsory at an early period of time.